Here’s a Million Dollar Question People Want to Know…… How to Get Rid of Acne?
So, what exactly causes acne anyway?
When the hair follicles on your skin become plugged with oil and dead skin cells it causes acne. Symptoms of acne usually consist of pimples, blackheads or whiteheads that normally appear on the face, chest and back area. Acne can affect people of all ages but, in many cases is common among teens going through the stages of puberty. Depending on the severity, acne can cause painful pimples and bumps that are slow to heal. Additionally, it can cause scarring as well as emotional distress such as anxiety and poor body image.
The body gives signals to let you know when something is out of balance. Acne could produce because of a fluctuation in hormone levels, diet related or toxins in the body. Most common treatments for acne are topical quick-fix solutions or medications which can also be toxic and do not get to the root of the problem. The root cause of severe acne is often related to inflammation that shows up on the skin. Other symptoms of inflammation may include; joint pain, digestive issues such as irritable bowel syndrome, headaches, anxiety or sinus issues.
Questions to ask yourself if you have acne would be;
- What am I eating that may be contributing to my acne? Eating things such as processed junk foods, sugar and soda can be a contributor to acne breakouts.
- How is the condition of my digestive system? The body can produce symptoms of acne when the digestive tract is not in its healthiest condition.
- Do I get enough probiotics in my diet? Probiotics help the digestive system to stay in balance. The digestive system works to keep your immune system strong assisting the body to fight against inflammation, toxins, infection and disease.
How to Get Rid of Acne: Steps for Clearer Skin
It is highly important to clean your skin twice daily for clearer skin. Using a spa botanical cleanser like “It Works Cleanser” gel offer’s a gentle cleansing for people who suffer from severe acne. Removing dirt and makeup without stripping the skin of its natural moisture, it is formulated for all skin types and with only a dime size amount used on wet skin goes along way.
After cleansing with the It Works Cleanser, gently exfoliate your skin 2-3 times a week with “It works Exfoliating Peel.” It helps to prevent you pores from clogging with dirt, excess sebum and dead skin which is the main contributor of acne.
Probiotics are live active cultures found in some foods and daily supplements that may benefit your health. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, acne and rosacea have shown improvement with daily use of probiotics.
- Drinking Water
Our bodies are made up of about 55%-65% of water between both men and women. Water helps to keep everything in the body functioning correctly including flushing toxins from the body which can also manifest as acne on the skin. On average we should drink about half of our body weight in ounces of water per day.
You truly are what you eat and if you consume a bunch of junk foods, caffeine and processed sugars you could be a big fat pimple. Here are a few foods to consider adding to your diet that help the body to fight acne would be;
- Fresh fruits and vegetables should make up at least 50% of your meals throughout the day according to Federal Occupational Health.
- Fermented foods and drinks like, Greek yogurt, sauerkraut and kombucha also help to contribute healthy bacteria to the digestive tract.
How to Get Rid of Acne: Products for Fighting Acne
- Quality Probiotics “10 billion live cultures from five unique probiotic strains target the health of your whole digestive tract.”
- Gentle Dirt and makeup removing Cleanser for all skin types.
- Facial Exfoliate gently peels away excess oils, dead skin cells, and pore-clogging debris.
- Super moisturizing facial treatment “Deep Hydration Sheet Mask” Is a hydration mask designed to deeply hydrate and soothe your skin.